OT: Driving a car -> Voting Machines

Jim Herrmann kclug at ItDepends.com
Fri Nov 28 20:45:17 CST 2003

Here is a media watchdog group that monitors fairness & accuracy in
reporting (FAIR) http://www.fair.org/  They are trying to keep up with
all the lies of the right-wing nuts that dominate the major media
outlets.  They expose left wing lies when they encounter them also, it's
just much less frequent in the media today.  Maybe thirty years ago the
media was liberal.  Then the people with all the money figured out that
they need to control the airwaves to control people opinions.  Keep them
in line so that they can continue to screw the little people.  Viet Nam,
and yes, Walter Kronkite, taught them that.  When Walter went to the
front and saw what was really going on in Viet Nam, he reported it, then
actually spoke out against it, and that's when Johnson knew he'd lost
the American people.  The conservatives have learned this lesson well.

Microsoft knows this lesson as well.  Controlling the message, through
advertising, media ownership, and other means,  is the way to control
mind share.  MS uses their media power to spread their brand of FUD, and
people believe that crap.  Just like the crap that Limbaugh, O'Reily,
and Hannity are always spreading.  Fox, fair and balanced, my ass.
Believe that shit if you want, but perhaps someday you can see through
the smokescreen.  Just because Rush Limbaugh "accuses" the media of
being liberal doesn't make it so.  If it's the truth, it's labeled
liberal, which has been turned into a dirty word.  A liberal is someone
who cares about workers, the environment, free speech (real free speech,
not the "free speech zones" that are used at Bush rallies), civil
liberties, and equality over the interests of large corporations and
their lackies who only care about greed and the bottom line.  More,
more, more, is the mantra of the corporate pigs, and anyone who thinks
that they've had enough is labeled unpatriotic.  Hogwash.  The Bush
white house is the corporation, and all they care about is more for them
and their other rich buddies.  The war in Iraq was not about WMD, or
liberation or any of the lies they have been spouting.  It's about more
money for Bechtel, Halliburton, and the Carlyle Group.  It's about
making the absolutely filthy rich, more rich.  They disgust me.  They
anger me.  They frustrate me.  And average people, whom I consider to be
otherwise intelligent people, who go along with this sham make me even
more exasperated!  WAKE UP PEOPLE!

</rant>

Peace,
Jim