OT: Driving a car -> Voting Machines

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Fri Nov 28 19:46:13 CST 2003

Leo J Mauler wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:04:19 -0600 Brian Kelsay <bkelsay at comcast.net>
>writes:
>

>>That stuff about controlling the media swings both ways.  I've
>>heard more accusations of the left controlling the media than
>>the right.
>>

>Yes, *accusations*.  And when you include ALL the news media in the
>U.S.A., there is a liberal bias.
>
>But if you take out all the independent, tiny circulation papers and all
>the independent TV and radio stations, and look only at the newspapers,
>TV stations and radio stations which reach the most people (examples
>include USA Today, chain radio stations, nationwide broadcast networks)
>you see that the news media which reach the most people are in fact
>controlled by conservatives, not liberals.
>
>There are more liberals with newspapers than conservatives, but the
>conservatives with newspapers distribute their papers over a wider
>audience than the liberals can with their independent weeklies.  Same
>goes for television, radio, and even to some extent the Internet.

I would just like to see some accurate reporting of the FACTS.  I don't
need a slant on the news, I can make up my own mind.  I yearn for the
days of Walter Cronkite.   This is what happened today and that's it.
You look at the daily stories on the TV News about the one or two guys
that got hurt or killed in Iraq and NO good news, like how many Iraqis
showed up to praise the American military or how many people can finally
get clean water, etc. and that sort of slant starts to look like a
conspiracy.   It's the old NIH (not invented here) thing.  Since it
wasn't the Democrats idea to go to war, they want to slam it at every
turn, doesn't matter if it was the right thing to do  and way overdue.