NFS and mountable filesystems - automounters

Hanasaki JiJi hanasaki at hanaden.com
Thu Nov 27 03:48:07 CST 2003

I run amd - on debian.. works like a charm!
Doesnt require kernel automount support

Only one annoyance I found.

Server NFS exports	-	fileserver:/data1/iso
Client
	Manually mount the export on /iso and do a ls
		see all the contents of /data/iso
	Automount it by "ls /iso/somefolder"
		ls /iso
		dont see any of the contents of /data/iso

apt-cache show am-utils

  Am-utils is a set of tools for automounting filesystems: mounting a
  filesystem "on demand" when it is first referenced, and unmounting it
  later if it is no more needed.
  .
  Am-utils contains the amd automounter.