NFS and mountable filesystems

Greg Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Wed Nov 26 00:37:36 CST 2003

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 04:33:34PM -0600, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 November 2003 03:37 pm, Greg Kedrovsky wrote:
>
> Ok, the ZIP Drive HOWTO (http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/ZIP-Drive.html) implies
> that you don't need to explicitly mount a ZIP drive.  It should be in your
> /etc/fstab.  What flavor ZIP is it? (IDE, SCSI, USB?)

Yeah, I've been through that howto. It's an internal ide zip250. I can
mount it fine via the fstab and straight mount command. It's the
automount that won't give me proper permissions. It says "Permission
denied" when I as user do an "ls /auto/zip". And, then, of course it
gives me the same thing when I try to mount via nfs.

-Greg

--
Mutt 1.4i on Red Hat 8.0 Linux
Curridabat, San Jose, Costa Rica