Linux Space

Justin jtrae at sunflower.com
Wed Nov 26 21:45:03 CST 2003

> And a question for the debian folks. I added some
> ftp/http locations to my apt-get configuration file
> and now when I call apt-get it goes out and finds
> the files I'm looking for (most of the time). But,
> I get several errors saying this or that directory
> or file doesn't exist. How do I get rid of them, and
> how do I know which servers have which directories?

Perhaps the entries are incorrect.  Unless I have a very specific need
(want a package not managed by debian), I don't edit the sources.list.  If
I were you I'd make a backup of your current one and then use
netselect-apt or apt-spy to regen the list with fast mirrors.  The former
if you're in a hurry, the latter if you have time and bandwidth to kill.