OT: Windows related question

Zscoundrel Zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Tue Nov 25 05:24:33 CST 2003

It could be a problem with the mother board.  Boot linux from a CD or
floppy and run it for a while.  You could even boot it with a blank
floppy and let the machine just sit at the prompt with no OS loaded for
a couple of days to see if it is hardware related.  Try reorienting the
electronic stuff on the desk.  Perhaps something is radiating a signal
that is swamping the preamp for the speaker.  My cell phone does bad
things to the speaker and monitor if I lay it on the same desk.

--

The Supreme Court has ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. This wasn't
for any religious reasons. They couldn't find three wise men and a virgin.
--Jay Leno