Image Alt tags in Linux

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Fri Nov 21 18:13:04 CST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 08:18, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> I came across a web site that uses the "ALT" tag for images to provide price
> information.  The image used is consistently a dollar or euro sign.
>
> In MSIE all I have to do is roll my mouse over the image and the ALT tag text
> comes up in a little box, so this works nicely and subtly.
>
> I can't seem to find this feature in any of the browsers on my Mandrake system
> though - Konqueror, Galleon, Mozilla, and Epiphany all refuse to display the
> tag.
>
> I guess this is three questions: 1) Is there a way to enable this behavior in
> any or all of the above browsers, 2) Is there a browser for Linux that will
> allow it to be enabled, and 3) is there another way to access this info from
> any Linux browser?

I'm using Mozilla Firebird 0.7 (definately the best Firebird yet).  To
see the alternate image text, right-click on the image, choose
properties, and it should be listed there in the window.  I thought it
used to have a tool-tip popup, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Turner <jeremy at linuxwebguy.com>
The LinuxWebGuy