Dialin Access to Cable Modem

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Nov 21 16:35:38 CST 2003

On Thursday 20 November 2003 07:57 pm, Leo J Mauler wrote:

> I apologize, my information was not correct.  I was thinking
> about what I would *rather do* than have to limit myself to
> 10 hours Internet Access a month.  :)

This is not intended to be your primary internet access though - it's not a
regular dial-up account, it's a bonus if you already have a RoadRunner
connection, something to supplement that connection and allow you either an
emergency connection if RR goes down (very rare), or a way to access the
internet if you're on the road.

As such, it probably isn't ideally suited to someone who wants to regularly
connect from work as well as at home - for that you want a regular "full
time" connection, which is going to run you $10 - $30/month anyway.

For someone just checking their mail though, it's 30 minutes per weekday,
which might just work out.