Dialin Access to Cable Modem

Leo J Mauler webgiant at juno.com
Fri Nov 21 03:01:53 CST 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:13:36 -0600 (CST) "Paul Taylor"
<paul at kcnetcare.com> writes:
> I just love the legal advice that comes from a KCLUG forum.
> One thing I know is illegal is giving legal advice in a State
> which you don't have a legal license. Go figure, lawyers
> write the laws.

On the other hand, that kind of law is similar to preventing people
from giving medical care advice if you don't have some sort of
medical professional certification or degree.

I think we can take it as read that all people on the KCLUG
list, unless they state otherwise, are not lawyers, and as such
the universal disclaimer applies:

"This forum is not intended to be a substitute for advice from
a real professional lawyer."

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:08:44 -0600 chuckx at cold-sun.com writes:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 04:28:03AM -0600, Leo J Mauler wrote:
> >
> > Lemme tell ya about TWC's special "dial-up" access.
> >
> > It doesn't exist as part of regular RoadRunner Service!
> >
> > You have to pay them another $15-$20 a month for dialup service,
> > in addition to whatever you're paying them for RoadRunner.
>
> I don't know where you got that information from, but it is
> incorrect.
>
> http://dialaccess.rr.com
>
> The service is free for the time being.  When the trial period ends
> (if it ever does), you still get the first 10 hours / month for free.

I apologize, my information was not correct.  I was thinking
about what I would *rather do* than have to limit myself to
10 hours Internet Access a month.  :)

I mean, think about it for a minute: just how long would it take you
to use up 10 hours of Internet Access?  The first day of the month?
The first ten hours of the month?  $10 a month for some basic ISP
starts to sound like a deal even on top of RR service when you
really start thinking about how long it would take you to use up your
10 hours a month.

JUNO and NetZero still offer "free Internet Access", to the same
tune as RR dial-up: ten hours a month.  The only benefit RR
probably provides is that they don't try to cut you off at three
hours and claim you used ten (you're getting JUNO/NetZero for
free, how are you going to complain about it?)