Dialin Access to Cable Modem

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Nov 18 00:45:35 CST 2003

On Monday 17 November 2003 04:37 pm, Jon M. Moss wrote:

> I'm finally taking the plunge and hooking up to Road Runner (DSL not
> available where I'm at).

This is a GOOD thing, RR is a lot better than home-grade DSL.

> However, this means my husband will no longer have access to the Internet
> from work via our old dialup connection.

Time-Warner-Not-AOL-Anymore-formerly-American-Cablevision-RoadRunner has
dial-up access for just this sort of deal.

It's odd these days that he would be able to tie up a voice line with an
un-monitored dial-up connection but not be able to tunnel or check mail.