Dialin Access to Cable Modem

Jon M. Moss jon.moss at cnonline.net
Mon Nov 17 23:37:05 CST 2003

Hello all!

I'm finally taking the plunge and hooking up to Road Runner (DSL not
available where I'm at).

However, this means my husband will no longer have access to the Internet
from work via our old dialup connection.

Ideally, I would like him to be able to dialin to the home network and use
cable modem for Internet access.

Can you direct me to the correct HowTo's to setup a dialin server for
Linux to do the above?

I'm wondering if I should try using WindowsXP's ICS, McAfee's Firewall and
making WinXP a dialin server (if I can) rather than trying to do a crash
course in NAT, IP Masquerading, PPP, etc.

Your thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jon Moss
jon.moss at cnonline.net