laptop question

Rick Franklin RAldenFranklin at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 17 18:49:59 CST 2003

lerninlinux at comcast.net wrote:

>Great!!! That sums up my problems, so I have been trying other distros.  Mandrake 8.2 was stable
on it,  9.1 supported more so I bought the magazine and installed it.  About 5 boots later,
*&(^%^()*()^.  Red Hat is what I have on there now, trying Suse this week (RH been on there a long
time),  May try my downloaded Mandrake again.  Can you give links to your magazine bug reference
version?
>Thanks

Actually, I was getting my bug info from a great tech / sometimes Linux
guru, who was giving me feedback on on my problems with the magazine
discs on a desktop a few weeks back ... I tried the laptop install with
them anyway, as I wanted to get the full screen and sound  ... got the
full screen, no sound, then the rapid disintegration of the GUI ... ARG!