USB Burner on SuSE 8.2

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Nov 17 18:44:59 CST 2003

That is apparently the key word, "if". That can be a big
"if" apparently. It has always been the case for my system.
Even after a fresh install. I agree that one shouldn't have
to do this. Not to mention the fact that I also have had the
usb subsystem lock up the entire computer by loading the wrong
usb driver module. I have this camera that was given me that is
not terribly well supported, I just haven't taken the time to
do much tweaking on the alpha driver other than to make it
recognize my camera on boot or when it plugs in. If you have
a procedure that I can use to determine 'if things are working
right' I'd like to try it on my system. As it rests now, I have
taken the camera off the system.

On a related (sort of) topic. Gentoo users be careful when upgrading
the gimpprint software. I recently did this and it broke my printer
subsystem, giving me strange errors. The fix is to go to the
/usr/lib directory and make a symlink of 'libgimpprint.so.1' to the
libgimpprint driver. at least in my case. I found this by setting the
loglevel in cupsd to debug. there error that cups was displaying was
'no pages found', but was really
'cannot find libgimpprint.so.1'.

Brian