On the topic of HDs

Rusty kujayhawkbb at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 17:13:55 CST 2003

--- Jonathan Hutchins <hutchins at tarcanfel.org> wrote:
> What's that come to after you pay your membership fee?
>
> Pricewatch lists Samsung 160GB, 7200 RPM drives with 2MB buffers for
> $105,
> Maxtor for $107.66.  Even through the $150 pricepoint they don't have
> bundled
> controllers listed though.

I believe the membership fee is $30/yr. And there are LOTS of great
products/deals at Costco. Plus they are extremely pleasant to work
with, and have a no-time-limit, no-questions-asked return policy.

Oh, and these drives have an 8MB buffer, too. (and I believe the
controller cards are $40-60 if purchased separately)

Also they have 512MB PC2700 DDR RAM for $85. Not a bad deal either.