Fedora

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Nov 11 15:34:44 CST 2003

I agree that anyone who is going to diagnose or experiment
with multiple distros should have a basic understanding of vi.
However, that is only because on someone else's system or on
an unfamiliar distro you may not have access to a better text
mode editor. However that said nano is far more comfortable to
work with sort of the difference between edlin and edit.

> world (with emacs being an acceptable substitute, rather like
I consider emacs to be a horrible editor. [deleted emacs rant]

> Having said that, I haven't had the chance to discover that
> Pine was missing
I hate pine too, if I need to do email in text mode it is only
and emergency and I would just use mail or nano and mail. I guess
I've gotten spoiled to using GUI for too long [going back to Windows
1.01 release].

> What say a couple of us who know how to build an RPM get
> together and start
> building some essential elements of the distribution
I haven't built very many rpms, but would enjoy being a part
of such a project.

Brian