Clueless reporters

Zscoundrel Zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Tue Nov 11 03:22:38 CST 2003

I suspect it would look something like the traffic snarl in downtown
Guangzhou!  No standards, no control, no movement and millions of people
wasting huge chunks of their time trying to get anywhere!

The problem is that M$ learned long ago they can buy the I/T press very
cheaply.  A few beads and trinkets and the members of the I/T press roll
right over.  Eventually I/T reporting will be handled like any other
specialty like sports or weather or world news and - I HOPE - the
standards will start to improve.

Duane Attaway wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Brian Densmore wrote:
>

>>http://news.com.com/2100-7784_3-5104541.html?tag=nefd_top
>>Story about how Microsoft is coming close to creating a computer within
>>a computer using a VMware competitor they bought. Funny, I thought IBM
>>has been doing that exact thing for 20 years or more. they make it sound
>>as if Microsoft is groundbreaking or something.  Sheeesh.
>>

>Its all marketing.  If Microsoft made cars, getting around would be quite
>different today.
>

>KC Linux Users Group -- to uns://aribe send mail to majordomo at kclug.org

Those who understand binary, and those who don't