Logitech itouch software

Mike Needham jmneedham at kc.rr.com
Fri Nov 7 22:39:13 CST 2003

Hi all:

I have a Logitech Elite Duo keyboard and mouse and of course there is no
iTouch software for Linux at this time... in fact, I believe they will not be
motivated to develop any until the day that Linux is on a good portion of the
desktops in industry ;-)

While my programmable hot keys are neat, I am not too worried about them
functioning.  What I do need is the ability to monitor the battery levels on
the devices?  I was hoping we could "reverse engineer" a copy of iTouch and
find the protocols that monitor the battery levels and come up with an
open-source application that does that function, if anyone knows of one... I
am definately interested.

Otherwise, I lack the programming moxy to pull it off myself, but would wonder
if anyone else on the list would be interested in such a project?

Thanks,

--
J. Mike Needham
jmneedham at kc.rr.com