installing or using a CD burning package

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Fri Nov 7 20:59:05 CST 2003

Mike Needham wrote:

>So I went to get XCDRoast because I hear that it is pretty much the best, I
>can't get it to compile because of some glib-config or GLib version
>conflict... through Yast I have installed the glib-dev libraries and still no
>dice.  Does anybody know how to get around the problem... the configure
>script returns the following:
>
>checking for glib-config... no

There are many CD burning applications. Arson is my favorite; it's
included with KDE. XCDRoast is powerful but is, by far, the most
difficult to use. Also, with a SUSE system, you should not be compiling
and installing applications yourself. You should use SUSE packages --
XCDRoast is definetly included on the SUSE CD's.