Lets clear up some misconceptions

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Thu Nov 6 00:24:52 CST 2003

Actually, I believe the rumor is that there were windows clients
on the same network as the control systems, and that the traffic
from worms flooded the network with traffic and shutdown the
"automated" communication between grids, so that one grid didn't
get notification of another grid shutting down, and the person who
was *supposed* to call from one grid to notify the other grids didn't
make the call. I don't know if the rumor is true in this case, but
it did actually happen back when the SQL worm came out. Forget now
which part of the grid went down then, but someone actually was paying
attention and made the call, thus preventing the blackout that happened
this summer. It wouldn't surprise me if the rumor is true. But again,
it is not windows running control systems. Windows doesn't do this.
In fact Bill *Lucifer* Gates *of Hell* has even said this himself on
numerous occasions. Sorry for the lengthy response.

Brian