Accounting Packages

Jason Clinton jasonclinton at kcpipeband.org
Sat Mar 29 19:37:57 CST 2003

Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> A while back we had a thread on accounting packages for small businesses which
> wasn't terribly conclusive.  I wonder if we have acquired any experience with
> Linux-based accounting packages since then?
>
> A search of Freshmeat.net located the following in stable/production status:
>
> SQL Ledger
> XDE Factor
> Quasar Accounting
> NOLA
> Lazy8 Ledger
> DreamAccount Pro
> GCTB

GNUCash and another one that was recently mentioned on Slashdot aren't
on that list. I haven't tried any of them, personally. I don't keep a
check book now that I use online bank account access and buy pretty much
everything with either cash or plastic. (I write maybe 2 checks per month.)

--
Jason Clinton
I don't believe in witty sigs.