Failover DNS

Hanasaki JiJi hanasaki at hanaden.com
Thu Mar 20 23:01:59 CST 2003

Short version... Looks like multiple A will cause Bind to automatically
do round-robin DNS.  Not adaptive/dynamic load balancing but a nice step
forward.

Some info links:
http://asg.web.cmu.edu/rfc/rfc1794.html
http://www.isc.org/ml-archives/bind-users/1999/01/msg00069.html
http://www.process.com/techsupport/multinet/787/49.html

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/09/26/load.html

--
= Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the     =
=       right things.    - Peter Drucker                        =