Neighborhood "portal" or tiny ISP-type web app

david nicol whatever at davidnicol.com
Sun Mar 16 07:52:57 CST 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 11:48, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:

> [...] I'd really like to leverage an existing web
> application (especially for the user accounts & authentication stuff),
> and I figure there have to be tons of this sort of thing out there already.
>
> Any suggestions for something that might work well for this kind of
> application?

I wrote a little authenticated identity service last year that
might work; currently all it does is protect a silly utility
(http://tipjar.com/nettoys/pink.html) from use by people who
aren't willing to identify themselves, as that utility mails
your result to you in addition to displaying it, for those people
who can view source of e-mails but not dynamic web pages.

The idea was (is?) for TJ-AIS (TipJar Authenticated Identity Service)
to become a player in the identity authentication arena, and I
released a module to CPAN to this end.

I don't think anything aside from the text colorization tool
uses it yet.  And I don't have a php module ready-to-go for
you to put at the top of your php page to use an external
TJAIS server to set up a session.

Do any of the *nuke systems offer a facility for identity federation?

Anyone else following the "liberty alliance" working group?

--
David Nicol, independent consultant and contractor
perl -Mcoroutine0 -e'$c=new coroutine0 VARS=>[],BODY=>q"YIELD 74;