Neighborhood "portal" or tiny ISP-type web app

Jim Herrmann kclug at ItDepends.com
Sat Mar 15 16:25:19 CST 2003

For my homeschool group, LEARN at kclearn.org, I use webcalendar,
http://webcalendar.sourceforge.net/, as the basis for user signons.  It
has the user account management already there.  It is written in PHP and
uses MySQL, so it's not hard to customize.  You can tie into the
database tables it uses with other custom scripts.  I setup a common
calendar that the whole group has layered onto their own calendar.  This
allows them to create and share their own events, as well as see the
events for the whole group.  Works pretty good for us, you might
consider it.

My $.02,
Jim Herrmann