Gentoo.

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Mar 12 15:08:28 CST 2003

ROFLMAO
In the immortal words of Bill Cosby "Riiiiigghhhht!"
How long is this LUG meeting and Would you like me to bring my LOTR DVD?

Or should I just bring a copy of Anna Karenina? (Longer than War and
Peace)

> Chris Wagner wrote:
> > I was wondering how many of you are using this distribution.
> >
> > I'm considering it (it will be the ppc port) and would like
> your opinion
> > on ease of install, configuration, etc.
> >
> > Does it come with X or do you need to download it separately?
You'll wind up downloading everything basically. There is a optional
install now that will install the binary verions of things like X and
openoffice
for some builds. Not sure about PPC.

> > I noticed that the ISO file was 120 megs or so, and I guess I kinda
> > figgered that a little small for a complete distribution.
> >
> > The file listing also gave a couple of .tbz2 files (stage 2 & 3).
Stage 2 and stage 3 builds are CPU specific. You can save some time
using these,
if you do you know  your system. Else the stage 2 and stage 3 are built
by the stage 1.

You can install from stage 3 and it is supposed to save you time at the
cost of configuration. I've never been able to get anything except a
stage 1 to install. Probably HW related.

YMMV,
Brian