AIX blows its foot off

Jason Clinton jasonclinton at kcpipeband.org
Mon Mar 10 16:55:41 CST 2003

Bill Cavalieri wrote:
> JD Runyan wrote:
>
>>I'm pretty sure with the way IBM is going, SCO would be the casuallity there.
>>IBM doesn't usaually give in to blackmail.  IBM has enough banking on Linux
>>that the loss of SCO licensing would only speed that up.
>>
>>On Sunday 09 March 2003 23:38, david nicol wrote:
>>

> SCO woud also  need to prove that any aix code made it into linux.  Last
> time I checked aix programs don't run in linux :)

Even if they did, remember that SCO released a version of Linux called
Caldera (IIRC). And according to the GPL, if you release any code under
the GPL, you're automatically granting royalty free use of your
intellectual property to _everyone_, including IBM.

--
Jason Clinton
I don't believe in witty sigs.