Mandrake 9.1 RC2

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Mar 10 14:29:24 CST 2003

> before, for better or worse.  Using my USB camera locks the
> system and I
> have to do a hard reset.  So, that's not good, but I'm not
> sure if it's
> this release, or a hardware problem.  I don't have it doing 3D

Hmmm... very interesting! I wonder if it's related.

I cannot use my USB cardreader in the latest Gentoo with KDE 3.1.
It locks up my system and I have to hard reboot. My other USB devices
load fine.

[off-on-a-tangent]
Except I still don't know how to get my USB cam to load the right
driver, if such
a beast exists. It was a gift and a cheapie no namer from Taiwan, but I
can see the
chipset it reports and it appears I may be able to load a special
driver. Just haven't
downloaded/compiled  it yet. Maybe a good thing to bring to a meeting
soon.
[/tangent]

Brian