Video Wall setup

Brad Crotchett brad at ispn.net
Fri Mar 7 23:19:48 CST 2003

Hey all,

I am trying to set up a video wall at work out of 6 42 inch plasma
screens.  We currently have a pc running windows (ugh) that is running
the wall.  It has an ati radeon 7500 all-in-wonder as the primary card
and 3 dual head vga pci cards for the other monitors.  We are having
some issues with windows (no kidding) and I am pushing for Linux, but I
need to know what is and is not going to work.  Our goal is to be able
to view anything we want over all 6 screens.  In windows, most video
players will only play a movie on one screen, other than quicktime which
seems to be able to play over multiple, but not all 6.

Does anyone have experience with multiple monitors and have an idea how
this will work out?  Any input is appreciated, I don't want to install
Linux and end up not being able to play vcd's and Dish network etc.
Ideally I would be able to full screen these over all 6 monitors.

Thanks in advance,

Brad

--
Brad Crotchett <brad at ispn.net>