PPP localhost loopback issue dialing in to home

Jon Moss moss at metpro.com
Fri Mar 7 16:37:07 CST 2003

I thought I was doing good.  Last week, I succeeded in configuring
mgetty and autoppp on my home linux box.  I was able to dialin in from
work from my linux workstation and from my WindowsXP laptop.  Both times
I was assigned the correct IP address (192.168.0.5).

I must have changed something at home because now the home linux box
answers the phone, but will not establish a PPP connection.  If I dialin
using minicom, I am prompted to login from localhost (127.0.0.1).  I
can't ping to the network (192.168.0.1 is the DNS/DHCP server
(unfortunately it's a WindowsXP computer); 192.168.0.2 is the linux
computer).

Where should I look to fix this issue?  What configuration file have I
messed up?  What man page or how-to should I review?

I searched at Deja for a similiar situation, but couldn't find it.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Jon Moss
moss at metpro.com

--
Jon Moss <moss at metpro.com>