It's just not worth it...

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Mar 7 02:41:19 CST 2003

Last time Mandrake updated, I got so frustrated trying to download the ISO's I
ordered them from cheapbytes.

Now I'm trying to download their RC's for 9.1, and it's the same deal.  Half of
the RC1 mirrors are off the RC2 list, and the best one I found yesterday was
less than 30CPS; the transfers are incomplete and useless.

As bad as this is, it's better than trying to update an installation with their
update mirrors.

I know it's not their fault, but it's just not worth the struggle any more.
RedHat it is then.

Comments on the availability of Debian, SuSE, Slackware, and gentoo mirrors are
invited.