About_Horde_Webmail_Configuration_Questions??

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Thu Mar 6 22:38:47 CST 2003

Quoting Joe-Cho <joecho at everestkc.net>:

> Could anyone give me some brief instruction how to setup webmail Horde?

Unpack the tarball, open two screens, view config/INSTALL in one and do what it
says in the other.

> I setup Redhat8.

> Now, I tried to configure PHP-4.3.0 with a bundle of Horde pre-requisites ...

I just installed the PHP and the Apache Mod PHP RPM's from RedHat - didn't have
to do anything except enable uploads, but this was on 7.2 and 7.3 systems.

What do you get from <server>/horde/test.php?

> and additional PEAR Modules
> there are some additional configuration as well for pear in php.

Again, nothing I had to change on two 7.x systems.  Just had to install PEAR
and make sure to download the latest batch of modules form the horde site - you
want the one with the newer date and the lower version number.

> I love to have some of the function which attracts me such as calendar,

Kronolith, the calendar module, really isn't stable yet.

> I have been troubled so far on the imap configuring at this stage.

Again, just follow the directions/examples in the imp/config/sources.php file
and you really won't go wrong.