About_Horde_Webmail_Configuration_Questions??

Joe-Cho joecho at everestkc.net
Thu Mar 6 20:44:46 CST 2003

Hello,

Could anyone give me some brief instruction how to setup webmail Horde?
I setup Redhat8.0 Linux box, Sendmail works fine now.
As a matter of fact, I tried on Sun Solaris box for a couple of times.
but it is too much hassle on Solaris box.
If one thing works, then the other failed.

So, I decided to go for Linux that is more generous compared to Solaris.

Now, I tried to configure PHP-4.3.0 with a bundle of Horde pre-requisites
which
is happened to be:

--with-gettext ( Gettext),
--with-xml ( expat)
--with-mysql or --with-pgsql,
--with-mcrypt ( I'm not familar with)
--with-imap ( it is a challenging, I have used POP3 though on Solaris)
whatelse??

and additional PEAR Modules
there are some additional configuration as well for pear in php.

I love to have some of the function which attracts me such as calendar,
speller on the Xwindows.

I have been troubled so far on the imap configuring at this stage.

Thanks in advance,

Joe Cho
joecho at everestkc.net
a member of kclug.