HTML Convertors/Generators

Charles Lee chuckx at cold-sun.com
Tue Mar 4 23:46:58 CST 2003

Duane Attaway wrote:

>On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
>

>>Have you seen what MS Word 2000 generates for "HTML"?  They don't even
>>

>I was wondering how the source code of many web pages were most
>fascinating.
>
>Do you like simple perl scripts?
>
>http://www.aigeek.com/txt2html/
>
>Download the little tarball and simply pipe your text file through it.
>You can redirect its output to a file or it will just show it on the
>screen.

Since Jonathan mentioned that he's dealing with Word files, I have
another tool which might help with the job.

Antiword (http://www.winfield.demon.nl/) will convert a word file to
plain text format.  It does a decent job of keeping formating intact.

I'd imagine that a simple "antiword some.doc | txt2html > some.html"
should give you running start.

--
Charles Lee