OT: various off topic items

Wed Jun 25 22:46:20 CDT 2003

Tim Reid wrote:
> Does anyone have much experiance with UPS's for personal use?  What are
> some good brands?  What are some good spec's to look for in
> uninteruptible power supplies?  I've seen one/two HOWTO'S on using
> personal UPS's with linux, but does anyone have any opinions on which
> models are easier to interoperate with Linux/Windose?
I use the APC Back-UPS ES.  It provides good protection, but not a long
run time.  It has saved me from having systems die unexpectedly.  It has
the serial connection to alert the OS that the power is almost gone, and
then shutdown softly.

--
I don't care for the Sugar Smacks commercial.  I don't like the idea of
a frog jumping on my Breakfast.