linux use in the area Re: ecommerce hosting services]

Phoenician phoenician at phoenixcolony.com
Wed Jun 25 15:31:39 CDT 2003

<snip>

> If we used plain ASCII text, we could segment the conversations into
> individual statements by each participant that other people could
> then respond
> to at their convenience.  We could use a "subject" tag so you
> could follow a
> conversation by reading all the statements with the same subject
> in the order
> they were originally typed.
>
> Since it would be in plain ASCII, you could access the meeting from any
> system, and wouldn't need broadband and good graphics like you would for
> webcams.
>
> Wouldn't that be cool?  A virtual community, independent of time,
> space, and
> hardware!
<snip>

That sounds pretty cool!
Wait...Isn't that what the list is for? Ack! That means no more HTML
posting. :>
Now if we could get enough geographically independent computers clustered
together
we could host the community in the combined virtual memory of the cluster.
I know it can be done.  I've read about in a Sci-Fi book or two.

- M