OT: Where to buy computer parts?

Gary Dean Hildebrand ghldbrd at ccp.com
Sat Jun 21 13:46:02 CDT 2003

Matt G writes:

> Hey..can anyone recommend a good spot for buying computer parts in the Overland Park / Lenexa
area?  CompUSA has pretty good prices sometimes, but I'm guessing there is a local shop that can do
better.

> Thanks,
> Matt

I bought my MB from Computer Depot, and my processor from an outfit now out
of business a couple blocks south and a bit off of Metcalf.

Betek, in Waldo, has some good deals right now in their closeout stuff.

Since I look more for used stuff . . . . .

Beyond Bytes on 40 Highway in Independence is good for stuff.  New systems,
about half are tradeins.

His Will Computers on 23rd in Independence has a nice selection of new
cases, keyboards and powered speakers too.  You'll have to dig a bit there
 -- they have mostly surplus.

As with all stores, caveat emptor.

I've heard that Telectronics is not that pleasant to deal with, so I just
avoid them.

MicroCenter in OP is high priced, but they have stuff you won't find
anywhere else, and I consider them much better than CompUSA.

The 1st Sunday show in Lenexa is getting so thin it isn't really worth going
to anymore, which is a shame -- they used to have quite an assortment of
stuff, new and used.

Gary Hildebrand
St. Joseph, MO