Local mail not working -- QMAIL

dt at xr7.org dt at xr7.org
Thu Jun 19 22:53:47 CDT 2003

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Bradley Miller wrote:
> For some reason or another, I can't get any outbound email from the server
> direct to work.  I can send mail from my Windows box, but if I try to do a:
>
> >  mail me at somewhere.com
>
> I get:
>
> >su: /usr/bin/mail: No such file or directory

I'm a little confused by the presense of the su above...  are you really
calling /usr/bin/mail in your command?  What do you get from 'which mail'?

> I can do a qmail-inject:
>
> echo To: me at somewhere.com |/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject
>
> I'm not sure how this is supposed to work, but what is
> /var/qmail/bin/sendmail supposed to do? ? ?

/var/qmail/bin/sendmail is a wrapper to provide a subset of the usual
sendmail options for programs that call it directly.  There is usually a
symlink to it from /usr/sbin/sendmail (or wherever sendmail is located on
your particualr system).

dt

--
Dean Troyer