Ximian connector

Dre G. enabled at linuxjunkies.com
Thu Jun 12 19:48:27 CDT 2003

We have been testing the current crossoveroffice and it does not work
with office XP, so if you need the newest office solution
crossoveroffice is not for you. If however you can deal with office 2000
then your fine, everything works great, I will advise however that you
do have a fast machine, crossoveroffice does use wine, which in turn
eats up a lot of cpu (lots of waist going on opening max/min, closing
programs etc).

The plugin might be the better answer here since open office can write
your doc's in most of office's formats and the plugin would give you
that up2date feel of calendering thru evolution, (I don't know how much
calendering has changed over these last few updates). Also beware of
open office though, I have heard reports of it munging data on some
formats although it has never done that to me.

If I can provide you with any other helpful tips ask, and if I do have
the info I'll try to answer.

dre
enabled at linuxjunkies.com