Demarc and MySQL on Libranet-Debian Woody Stable

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Wed Jun 11 02:54:19 CDT 2003

I may be off base here, but it looks like the script is trying to use your
host name while initializing its database.   Have you assigned a FQDN
hostname to the PC that works within your domain?
I would check in MySQL knowledge bases for this error.
A quick google.com search for (mysql error too few arguments to function
`gethostbyname_r') yielded this result and others:
http://forums.devshed.com/archive/4/2003/02/1/50954
Looks like you maybe didn't install a c++ library (libstdc++ and gcc-c++
pkgs) or you will need to edit your config.h file for gcc.

Google is your friend.
Brian