Demarc and MySQL on Libranet-Debian Woody Stable

db at epsi.net db at epsi.net
Tue Jun 10 15:58:35 CDT 2003

Thanks in advance for any help to all....

I am trying to install Demarcs PureSecure on my Libranet-Debain Woody
Stable machine and everytime I run the installer the MySQL section dies
at the same point. Here is the last few lines of the install....

libmysql.c: In function `mysql_real_connect':
libmysql.c:1353: warning: passing arg 5 of `gethostbyname_r' from
incompatible pointer type
libmysql.c:1353: too few arguments to function `gethostbyname_r'
libmysql.c:1353: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without
a cast
make[2]: *** [libmysql.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/puresecure/install/mysql-3.23.56/libmysql'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/puresecure/install/mysql-3.23.56'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Fatal Error while running "/usr/bin/make" for MySQL

I have tried doing the update install via the net. Tried the download of
all the required pieces from Demarc. Tried installing the seperate
components individually via apt-get ie. snort, apache, mysql etc.

If anyone has run into this problem please advise me of where to obtain
the info to fix it. I have searched the KB on Demarcs site with no
results realting to my paticular error. I have also submitted a question
to support at Demarc but I am still waiting on a reply.

Thanks, Dave