Freesco & IPTables

Greg Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Tue Jun 3 17:07:23 CDT 2003

Somebody posted something this morning about doing a router deal with
either Freesco or IPCop.

I got onto the IPCop site and did some poking around. Has anyone
implemented these two, because I'm usure about a couple things. If you
use one, can you give me some confirmation?

1. Freesco: does it still use ipchains instead of iptables? Googling
turned up some b*tching among admins that had to service Freesco, and it
was about ipfwadm (?).

2. IPCop: They boast on their web site that they now use iptables in
v1.3.0 (I downloaded the iso). But, from what I understand, IPCop is not
a "one-floppy" solution. It requires a hdd. Is that right? Or have I not
read far enough?

Thanks ahead of time.

-Greg

Through Sylpheed Mail on Red Hat 8.0 Linux
Curri, San Jose, Costa Rica
http://www.greg-and-sue.com/screenshot.jpg
Yahoo! Instant Messenger ID: gregkedro