X Windows Config

pthurmond at kc.rr.com pthurmond at kc.rr.com
Fri Jan 31 18:58:27 CST 2003

So far none of these have allowed me to bring up the GUI, or resolve my
problem. I appreciate your help though. The x86config brought me to a
text base config tool, but it didn't fix my problem. The problem is
when I was setting up the video during the install of RH8 when it
switched back from the video test the setup screen was way down in the
right hand corner and very unreadable. So I had to for a reboot and now
it just throws up errors when I run startx.

The error is as follows(Both errors contained in [ ]  brackets):
[
   Fatal server error:
   no screens found
]

[
   X10: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server
":0.0" after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
]

Hope this is helpful info.

-Patrick