Question about hardware...

Matt Graham linux at bizniche.com
Thu Jan 30 19:53:23 CST 2003

I'm stuck on something.  Not sure if anyone has seen if before.

Work just got me a new laptop.  I did my partitions and have dual boot xp and rh8 setup, with a
fat32 drive for sharing files.

I setup the fat32 after I did both OS's.  The thing is, I don't know which /dev/hd?? it is.  I try
to get into the hardware browser, but it asks for the root pass, and then just quits.

So,  has anyone seen this deal with the hardware browser?  It's keeping me from knowing which
device my builtin wireless is too.    Is there another way to find which /dev/hd? my fat32 would be
on?

Thanks,
Matt