Getting a graduate degree

Tony Zafiropoulos tonyz at ctitek.com
Thu Jan 30 18:18:57 CST 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Dave Hull wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Ben Coffman wrote:
>
> > Boiling it down here.  Will going to grad school increase my pay enough for
> > it to be worth the two year loss of possible experience?
>
> Hm, someone once told me that if you have to pay to go to grad school, you
> probably shouldn't be going. That's pureley anecdotal and not entirely useful,

There are studies that find on 'average', people with MBA's do not receive
the investment returns that a 'average' MBA costs (which including
opportunity costs).

If I had that decision to do over again (as I did not go for a graduate
degree right away) I would do the same thing, as the experience is more
important.

The only difficulty is jump starting back into a graduate degree.

If I was going into the teaching profession it would be advantageous to
get a graduate degree, but not monetarily.

Just my .02 euros.

--
Tony Zafiropoulos
Cel: 314-504-3974