IMP vs Squirrelmail

Steven Hildreth s_p_hildreth at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 03:48:28 CST 2003

I run a Exim/Courier email server at work that has Horde/IMP setup for web
access. We have about 1000 users, about 100 of them use the webmail access
daily.

My users really seem to like the SpellChecker, Address Book (LDAP enabled)
and the Calendar.

We looked at SquirrelMail and it does not offer the application framework
that you get with Horde, now don't get me wrong if you don't need all that
stuff you just want straighforward webmail SquirrelMail is good - but for
the extra's that come with the Horde family IMP won our vote.

HTH,
Later..
Steven