Magazine? Pony up? Why pay?

Bill Cavalieri bcavalieri at gekl.net
Tue Jan 28 07:01:04 CST 2003

I pay for lots of opensource software, either buying its copyleft
version, making a donation, or buying support.  Just because something
is GPL, doesn't mean that their shouldn't be some kind of effort to $$
support the project.  The web hosting, equipment needed for development
or testing all costs money, anyway we all help out, keeps the project
and project members motivated to provide the software we have all grown
to love.

I would pay for  local linux magazine, I currently pay for a monthly
online only php magazine (pdf), and its a trivial amount, but keeps them
in business.  Would like to see how other local company's, community's,
and individuals are using linux.