Magazine? Pony up? Why pay?

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Tue Jan 28 03:25:49 CST 2003

Just a rhetorical question here I suppose . . . I've seen the "well I'd
pay" people but I have a feeling there would be a lot of people in the "why
isn't it free, or can't I just read it online" category.

Let's put an interesting spin on the question -- if someone had some really
killer software, in Linux, open-source, how many would pay for it?   Show
of hands . . . uh . . . keyboards?   I think a magazine is a great idea,
but the logistics of marketing, merchandising, shelf space, etc.... are
something that is astronomical.  If you really want to help out, send some
money to your local starving open source programmers, help with
contributions to a LUG (your choice, Kansas/Missouri/whatever . . . but I
think the magazine idea has as much hope as "Bill G" embracing Tux with
open arms.

-- Bradley Miller