Gentoo Linux

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Sat Jan 25 16:56:14 CST 2003

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Adam J Bunton wrote:

> That was the exact answer I wanted to hear.  Common sense told me this was
> true, I just wanted to confirm it.  GENTOO RULES.  I have used your portage
> tips you have posted in other inquiries, they have been very helpful.  I
> have been able to cut down the time I look for new packages I want to
> deploy.  Thanks again.

Don't forget that gentoo's portage system can be installed on Redhat,
Suse, Slack, or any other linux distribution.  The same goes for gentoo:
apt-get, RPM, etc., are often installed on gentoo to take advantage of
other distribution's packages.  Why run different distributions, when you
can have all of them running as one?

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=28559

Something I found last night on the gentoo forums; some 13 year old found
out how to encrypt the root file system in several steps and shared his
experience:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=31363&sid=401ff4b2b157457d8f56292c0b317259

a must for laptops!

--
Why drive a car when you can ride a bike?
http://attaway.net                 http://counter.li.org   user #142150