Missouri Valley Room

Jared Smith jared at trios.org
Thu Jan 23 19:23:26 CST 2003

>>>Believe it or not, we've actually been working on it - we're having to start
>>>learning/experimenting with DHCP connectivity (mainly to get us ready for
>>>our two new buildings), and are working with CISCO to set it up
>>>correctly.
>
>Sheesh, it should take, what, five minutes?  Why is DHCP such a bloody
>mystery to people?  RTFM.

Please understand:

We are in a position of asking the library for services which they initially
did not want to make available to "a buncha 'ackers," and a great
burden rests on us to keep our technical expertise from being an
obstacle to their generosity.

Thus it would be wise for us to work within their paradigm instead of
imposing our "superior" one on them. This is proper protocol,
frustrating though it may be, enshrined in the old adage "Beggars
can't be choosers."

I am very eager to keep our relationship with the library as solid and
open as possible. We may be able to help them, but if so, we must
do so politely, or else a door will close and it will be our bad.

-Jared