Disk Wipe Methods

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Jan 21 18:20:45 CST 2003

Hi Kevin,

I wasn't ridiculing you. I just would have to see this method of
extraction to believe this person wasn't bsing you. I won't dispute that
there is a "great deal of space" between tracks. Space that would be
altered by magnetizing the disk. But that also means every time you
magnetize it with a different value it changes. To be able to backtrack
what sequence of events created the interspace pattern would take
incredible equations. I doubt it is feasible. Possible? Yes. Sorry, I'm
not convinced it can be done with our current scientific knowledge.
I can't see the average business having a need for your solution. I'd be
only too happy to be proved wrong, but I'd need something on a technical
level to convince me. I know a little about magnetism and atomic
physics/engineering.

I also didn't make the request to secure my data. Yes, I remember you
posting this tidbit way back. Along with a bunch of other ideas from
other people. I remain unconvinced, until I see some shred of proof that
can be duplicated by experiment. ;)

Sorry if I made you think I was ridiculing you! Definitely
unintentional.

The skeptic,
Brian