smtp and Road Runner

Patrick Miller pert at tas-kc.com
Tue Jan 21 17:57:13 CST 2003

I think he was meaning out of the neighborhoods to the public internet.
I know many ISP's, including TW (in a search I don't see anything about
them blocking anymore), are blocking in and/or out bound port 25. Some
turn it on with no notice, some may turn it off due to internal/customer
pressure--but internal techies often have the upper hand saying its
required or the network will turn to crap. I doubt the national ones are
flexible, but TW really doesn't seem to be national--instead run by the
individual local cable companies i.e. TWCKC.

Your best bet is to try it and telnet out or in to the port.

--
Patrick Miller
Kansas City, MO